Situated in the heart of the Lavaux wine region, the Glérolles Castle rises up along the edge of Lake Geneva.
Built 7 centuries ago on shores of Lake Geneva, Glérolles Castle is a vineyard as well as a venue for events. The knights’ hall, the terrace and the garden, with its access to the lake via a private port, can all be rented for seminars and parties (except weddings), with the domain’s wines served to guests during events.
On an area of nearly 5 ha, the Glérolles Castle domain grows the grape varieties of Chasselas, Pinot Noir, Humagne Rouge, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Gewürztraminer, as well as other new grape varieties. No less than 17 exceptional “crus” are produced from these grapes. The wine is grown and produced on site, while the marketing and tastings are managed by the Dubois brothers, in Cully.
Glérolles Castle is the only place which still bears the name of the old roman town (Glerula) destroyed in 563 by a tidal wave in Lake Geneva. The first dungeon was built in 1150, followed by the central part of the castle from 1300.