The restaurant is located opposite the train station of Cully, in the heart of the Lavaux UNESCO wine region. The wines of the Restaurant La Gare honour the region and are the ideal accompaniment for creative dishes.
This elegant building facing Cully train station was built in the late 19th century to offer shelter to passengers waiting to board trains. In 1903, Swiss Federal Rail sold the building to a private owner who converted it into a restaurant. The former terrace was covered over in around 1930 to become a dining room featuring lovely stained glass windows.
Renowned at the time for its famous pike quenelles, Jean-Luc Vermorel wanted to add a creative touch to offer a lighter, more sophisticated and accomplished menu.