Montreux - Marché
Montreux goes to great lengths to put a magical touch on the Christmas season! Stalls on the lakeside promenades, the Loggers’ Village, Medieval Magic, the Village of the Elves and even the House of Father Christmas: all these activities make sure that Montreux Noël is much more than just a market.
For an entire month, Montreux celebrates Christmas with one of Switzerland’s largest markets. 172 chalets on the lakeside promenades sell typical dishes and handcrafted gifts. Each year, the centre of the market features a guest, with its costumes and traditional cuisine. For three weekends in December, Chillon Castle provides the setting for “Medieval Magic”, which presents activities from different times. Children are of course the kings of the Christmas season: the MOB trains take them and their families up to Rochers-de-Naye to meet Father Christmas at his home! Each night, the bearded old fellow rides down to the lake on his sleigh to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
To make visitors’ eyes shine year after year, new activities are regularly added to the programme:
• The Children's Kingdom every day in the Place des Lutins
• Sunday, December 8 Santa's Run
• Sunday, December 15th X-mas Ride Les Avants
• Sunday, December 22nd Sale of lanterns
• Lantern workshops Saturday 14, Wednesday 18 and Saturday 21 December at the Montreux Visinand House
• Children's procession Saturday 21 December